2009
New Facility and Headquarters

Gehl moves into a state-of-the-art research and design facility and corporate headquarters in West Bend, Wisconsin. 

2008
Gehl and Manitou

Gehl company becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Manitou BF S.A.

Acquisition of Gehl Company

A specialist in the production and marketing of compact equipment, Gehl Company owns two brands: Gehl and Mustang. The company then becomes Manitou Americas. This acquisition allows Manitou Group to enter the US market.

2004
Gehl Enters into Partnership with Manitou BF S.A.

Gehl Company enters into a strategic partnership with Manitou BF S.A. to sell their telescopic loaders. Manitou sells Gehl telescopic handlers under their brand name.

1997
Gehl Acquires Mustang Manufacturing Company

Gehl Company acquires Mustang Manufacturing Company, Inc., providing a stronger presence in the skid loader market.

1991
Asphalt Pavers

Asphalt-paving equipment is added to the line of light construction equipment. The Scavenger sludge spreader is selected as one of 50 most innovative products of the year.

1988
Gehl Acquires Dynalift®

Gehl acquires the Dynalift® telescoping-boom forklifts, adding to their ever-growing construction product line-up.

1973
Skid Loader Manufacturing

Gehl manufactures skid loaders and self-propelled machines. Gehl forms a marketing subsidiary in West Germany to sell the Gehl line in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Gehl opens a plant in Madison, South Dakota, to produce skid loaders and round balers.

1967
Company Name Changes

Gehl Brothers Manufacturing changes its name to Gehl Company.

1942
Gehl - The First Name in Forage Harvesting

The forage harvester was introduced as a labor-saving way to harvest corn and silage.

1930's
Second Generation Joins Company

The second generation of Gehl brothers, Dick, Mark, Al, and Carl, join the company throughout this decade.

1927
Auto-Steering Manure Spreader

A line of manure spreaders was introduced with auto-steering. This allowed for better maneuverability.

1921
The 1921 Salesmen

Hardworking salesmen travel the countryside spreading the Gehl brand name and its products. Gehl Bros. Manufacturing introduces the silo filler.

1906
John Gehl is Joined by his Brothers

John Gehl is joined by brothers Nicolaus, Michael, and Henry in ownership of the company. The brothers change the name to Gehl Brothers Manufacturing.

In the photo: Seated from left to right - John W. Gehl, Henry Gehl, Charles Silberzahn; seated in center - Mike Gehl and Nick Gehl.

1902
John Gehl Purchases Silberzahn Manufacturing Company

John Gehl purchases Silberzahn Manufacturing Company with business partners Henry Thoma and Peter Beres. 

1890
Lucas Foundry purchased by Charles Siberzahn

Charles Siberzahn purchases the Lucas Foundry and renames the business Siberzahn Manufacturing Company.

1889
Revolutionary Cutter

The Hexelbank Ensilage Cutter revolutionized the way in which farmers made food for their livestock.  The Hexelbank retailed for $11.50.

1859
Louis Lucas Starts it All

Louis Lucas settles in West Bend, WI and builds a foundry to supply the local area with farm implements and machines.